Lower NOx, CO and Slagging
Stationary Coal Nozzle
Power & Industrial Services full line of engineered replacement and upgraded stationary coal nozzles are available with the following features:
- Providing double the wear life of cast iron, all nozzles can be cast from Power & Industrial Services’ proprietary Cryosteel
- Bolted or integral stainless steel tip
- All nozzles available with ropebreaker fuel distribution kickers.
- Complete shop assembly of nozzle, linkage and tip
Advantages of the Ropebreaker Coal Nozzle
- No increase in pressure drop from kickers
- Significant improvement in fuel distribution exiting the tip resulting in a more stable flame which allows for better combustion control, reduced slagging and lower NOx
- Disruption of the coal rope significantly reduced localized erosion and increased tip life
Eliminate Problematic Ceramic Lined Nozzles
Ceramic lining in coal nozzles commonly fail. By using a monolithic steel nozzle with exceptional abrasion resistance, finding broken ceramic in the clinker grinders is a thing of the past. If a repair is needed, Cryosteel can be weld repaired in place. The Ropebreaker kickers are designed and CFD tested to provide optimal rope destruction with no increase in pressure drop.
Proprietary alloy steel specially formulated for cryogenic treatment. The combination of the proprietary steel and treatment provide double the wear life of ductile iron, improved strength and workability, and maintains the elongation properties.
Cryogenic processing continues the heat treating process. Austenite is transformed to martensite. “The steel will exhibit better, longer wear resistance plus several other attributes. Attributes include: stress relief, dimensional stability, durability and some surface improvement. In addition, fine carbide particles precipitate during the long cryogenic soak. They are an addition to the larger carbide particles present before treatment.
Nonferrous Metals and Plastics
Cryogenic processing realigns the molecules in the material which strengthens the molecular structure. “The realignment shows evidence of an evenly spaced, denser molecular structure throughout the part, giving greater toughness and strength caused by increased strength in the bonding of molecules.
G76 Erosion Rate Testing Results at 30º Impingement Angle
Ropebreaker Nozzle with Tuff Tip®
Rope Breaker Nozzle
- Forces coal out of the corners where typical tip failure occurs
- Provides combustion improvement through outlet distribution normalization